It’s Monday, everyone’s favorite day of the week! It can seriously, be your favorite if you choose to make it. Here are 5 Ways to make today a positive day, despite what day of the week it may be.
- Seize the Day – Tell yourself how amazing you are today and mention at least one wonderful thing about yourself, to yourself. Wake up knowing that it’s a new day with new opportunities, even small ones. Be in a faithful, yet realistic mindset. Never lose site of yourself.
- Put Positive Energy into the Universe– Always try to speak positively because your heart, mind and soul are listening. What you put out there, you get back. So always try to keep some sort of positive outlook on life, even if you’re having a bad day. Try to make a mental or written list of the things you are grateful for and those will give you wonderful reasons to stay positive.
- If Necessary, Tell Yourself “I can get through this”. We all have our less than stellar moments. Or maybe it was just a bit of a tough morning, lack of sleep, bad dreams, whatever it may be. Or it could be something completely unrelated to those aspects and could be a matter of placement in life, satisfaction or dissatisfaction with work, relationships, or any hardship or hurdle. Nobody said that life would be easy and some days you may just have to tell yourself “I can get through today.” It’s ok to feel like this because we are only human, not meant to be happy 24/7. Make it through the day with a little self motivation and self pep talk. You got this! You’ll make it through today despite how you may feel.
- Ignore Negativity and Don’t Let Others Steal Your Sunshine– We’ve all heard the saying that misery loves company. Don’t feed into negativity. Try to surround yourself with positive energy and people. It’s very hard to avoid negativity at work or school and in life, in general. But if you can’t avoid it, don’t give into it. Be unique in your own light and let that light shine. Ignoring negative comments, energy and vibes will help you get through your day.
- Tell Yourself Life is a Gift, Be Thankful, and Realize How Quickly it all Goes By– It’s Monday and you want it to be Friday. But guess what; that will bring you three days away, and closer to the next Monday. Time flies by so fast, and one hundred years at most is not very long for living. Be in the moment, and if it’s an unhappy experience, separate yourself from the unhappy mentality and live for the day.
I know it’s Monday, but try to think of it as “My Day” . It is yours and own it. Don’t let bad vibes kill your spirit and make it through, looking for the good in every situation. It will not only enlighten you, it will bring more positive things into your space and give you a feeling of living for each moment. And if something doesn’t go the way you planned, remember that it is most likely a lesson to prepare you for something in your future. With each new sunrise comes new opportunities and no matter how small they may be, seize them and enjoy those little bursts of positivity.